Re: [Ayatana] Start Menu Concept

Sounds good. Now, I want to test that and see how it will work on my desktop (or laptop). It may just be too much of a clutter for people like me, who don't bother using menus for launching because of GNOME Do.�

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 10:10 -0700, David Hamm wrote:
> http://i.imgur.com/0bC6I.jpg
> Idea's taken from:
> imo, id have just applications and recent with a side arrow to expand
> either, knocking out the places when expanded.

I think the best UI I've deployed for users has been this:

http://mulenmar.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/une10_04-desktop.png?w=500&h=375

It's amazing how much the older folks respond to nice big icons on their
desktop, but icons that are categorized on their desktop.

Shame that it's being replaced with medium sized unity icons, I hope we
can still get the netbook-launcher, because it's still something I
install on desktop machines.

Martin,