Re: [Ayatana] Me Menu - Review

On 21/06/10 10:42, James Putt wrote:
I agree colour is significant. I was considering that the top menu by convention is monochromatic with certain colours having a particular meaning, and how having different icons in the drop down menu to the icons representing the menu would play out.

In order to avoid the panel going gaudy, and to keep colour significant, we should only use colour for "off-nominal and exceptional" situations. So we need to think carefully about whether being offline is an "alert" condition or not. I don't really think it is.

Mark