Re: [Ayatana] Compiz Search Filter for default

Hi Sam,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 17:24, Sam Spilsbury <smspillaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The whole point of CCSM is to display all available internal
variables. I don't see how trying to "smart filter" them out fits in
with the purpose of CCSM.

The developers have already picked a set of options which control the
majority of the program, in an application called Simple CCSM. I
suggest you try that?

i tried it and it's not half what CCSM gives me, so i uninstalled it again subsequently.

i have no problem at all with CCSM (thanks for bringing in the abbreviation).
On the contrary, i am trying to promote the way CCSM allows users to search its library of available configuration modules to become default for open-file, save-as, open-with and download-to dialogs in every default application in 10.10, since it works so well in CCSM already..

I'd even take it further in direction of the simplification you propose and say Maverick should offer "show/hide content" toggles in every gtkfilechooser dialog, and expose its ability to perform quick search upon keyboard input.
Every mime type should have its individual pin/unpin support for default save-as destinations and save-as or rename dialogs should offer the option to input semantic metainformation manually for one or many objects/files.

Am i still unclear?