Re: [Ayatana] Messaging menu - telepathy-indicator

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Ken VanDine <ken.vandine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been working on telepathy-indicator, as a replacement for the
> current empathy patch we have been maintaining for messaging menu
> integration.
>
> I have hit a couple of issues, which I think make it not practical to
> get into Maverick.  Perhaps we can address the last couple of issues and
> get some good stabilization time in a PPA for Maverick+1.
>
> …
>
> Feedback?  Thoughts?

The Gnome Shell folks have similar magic happening for their message
tray, which is also integrating with Telepathy (instead of a change
specific to Empathy).

I suggest checking out what they are doing over there and sticking to
something similar. It should make life a lot easier for all involved
:)

Good luck with this project, Ken! I'm really looking forward to it.

Dylan