[Ayatana] Sound menu slider interaction

Why does clicking on the bar make the slider move in that direction
and not to that specific point?

I can’t imagine how often I accidentally turned the music to the
loudest level and was really embarrassed. Other players I tested don’t
do that (Youtube, Vimeo, some other web stuff, VLC).

As Totems volume and Shotwells adjustment sliders do the same (very
annoying behavior as proved in the Shotwell tests), I think it might
be GTK standard behavior. So, who do I need to talk to to get this
changed?

If there already was a discussion about this, please point me to it. :)