[Ayatana] The new default wallpaper

Hello,

Some of you might be already aware of the controversy caused
by the (supposed) new default wallpaper:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/08/ubuntu-1010-default-wallpaper.html
http://humphreybc.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-joke-that-is-mavericks-default-wallpaper/

Because no one at the bug report mentioned the problem here,
despite being repeatedly recommended by Vish to doing so, I
am bringing up the subject.

Personally, I must admit I have never seem such a heavy
backlash before. It is very common to see people not liking
the default wallpaper, but this time there was a substantial
number of people that simply did not care at first because
they were *absolutely sure* it was just a placeholder.

The design team constantly blogs about the new Gtk theme,
the Ubuntu font and design decisions. It would be interesting
if they could share their thoughts on this controversy and
the design process that led to the current decision.