Re: [Ayatana] The need for renaming computer during installation

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Vishnoo <vish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 13:09 -0700, Lance wrote:
> I noticed early on with the new ubiquity that there was no option to
> rename the computer during installation. While I don't personally do
> that I saw that was a problem for some at the forums so I filed a bug
> report:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/628087

Hi there,

Not being able to choose the computer name in an easy way, and assigning an automatic name (ie. user-desktop) could lead to confusion in ubuntu one.

User case:
John has two laptops and is using ubuntu one to sync some files between them. He wants to disconnect one of them from his ubuntu one account because he is giving it to his younger sister.
But the two laptops have the same computer name (john-laptop), and they were added at the same day to his ubuntu one account, so there is no way to know which one must be disconnected.

Cheers...