Re: [Ayatana] unity and notifications

I think somewhere in the NotifyOSD guidelines (can't find now), there
was the idea that moving a bubble (and therefore the entire text it
contains) is annoying for the user, so your mockup is not taking into
account the case where a notification grows, because this would
involve moving the bubble upwards.

Since there is a line-limit for each bubble, though, this can be
solved by simply placing the initial position a little bit higher.

Of course, this creates the other problem of leaving a gap between
the bubble and the screen edge for short notifications. And I've not
seen *one single person* who actually likes the gap that the current
incarnation of NOSD leaves between the top edge and the bubble. Yes,
I know it's the space for the confirmation bubbles, but I think it
would be much better if those appeared in another place entirely,
like a bottom corner.