Re: [Ayatana] clipboard information in context menu

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 17:02, David Hamm <davidthamm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I find it much more intuitive to have two folders to which you can drag between, rather then having to copy (intermediary layer) and then paste.

indeed! that's something we all should be thinking about ;)

The context menu copy/paste functionality in itself already seems as more of an extension to this ability.

yes, the context menu is an indicative for "THINGS I CAN DO WITH THE OBJECT AT HAND".

One problem this would solve:
Users often hold something in the clipboard, then accidentally overwrite that "held" object with a new one, because the clipboard doesn't indicate what is managing or if it is currently holding something openly.
The context menu on the other hand can permanently expose the latter state with ease..
Especially by allowing the state Paste (possible|disabled) to be represented in the coloring or design of its actual menu title: "Edit".