Re: [Ayatana] Put a resize widget in the title bar

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That was what twm did. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twm#Using_twm> The
problem is that practically every program assumes that it's resized at a
lower corner, not an upper corner. For example, if you enlarge a Web
browser window, the top of the visible area will stay where it is while
new stuff appears at the bottom, not the reverse.

That's true but my guess is that users are used to this behaviour and the usual result wouldn't be that unexpected.

Said that, this draggable corner on top-right doesn't look so elegant. We are already working on making our current approach more usable (see Cody's work). Once we get there we can evaluate other options, if the problem persists ;)

Best, chr