Re: [Ayatana] (In)sensitive menu itens for displaying information

> I agree that the effect of the track data item is pretty undiscoverable.
> I'd love to see suggestions for that.

This is more or less one of the points I was trying to make with my
original message. Technically, it does not *need* to have an effect,
there's nothing wrong with having purely informative things. The
problem is fitting this in the "everything is a menu item" paradigm.

The problem with the current setup, in my opinion, is not
discoverability, but the fact that the action, even when
discovered, is not very useful. It seems there just for the
sake of having an action and touches the pattern of "showing
more details about the information" only very lightly.

I personally think that a more elegant solution would be
merging the app name and track name into a single item.
Or maybe showing full information about the track in
the app, but not every player supports that.