From: frederik.nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx>
To: vish <vish@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ayatana-dev <ayatana-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ayatana List <ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Oct 21, 2010 12:26 am
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] [Ayatana-dev] Unity and tooltips

instead we chose to use symbolic icons?why does the appmenu consist of words still?this is totally inconsistent with the other indicators and makes nosense from a interaction point of view.if we are trying to replace blunt primary school orthography withmetaphors in formal symbolic language, we ought to make one bold stepaway from clinging to vertically stacked text-based menus as thesolution to everything.designing a menu structure in UML might justify the excessive use ofwritten language, yet the goal is to afford unique andsimple-as-possible objects for each interaction possibility.i suggest using symbolic icons for "File", "Edit" and especially"View" in indicator appmenu.