Re: [Ayatana] Handling workspaces in Unity's launcher

Some comments:

1) Does not seem to work for applications with multiple windows
(you already know that per your comment in Launchpad)

2) Even for applications with a single window, I believe cases
where users are not interested in such association are frequent.
Several users treat workspaces as extra space to be used as
needed (Gnome shell for example was designed with that
in mind) and not as fixed spaces.

3) The size, and therefore easiness of interaction, of each
workspace is proportional to the number of itens inside it.
This makes switching to a specific workspace, literally, a
moving target.

4) Disposing workspaces from a 2x2 grid in a linear stack makes
the association unnatural.

5) In my opinion, the presentation as it is is not noticeable enough.
On the other hand, I cannot suggest anything more noticeable that
would not be excessively cluttered.

Overall, in my opinion, the idea seems to add clutter and complexity
without bringing too many advantages.

Which problem, exactly, you are trying to solve?