Re: [Ayatana] On Vincent Moulin's idea of partial global menu in unity

Hi,

Am 28.10.2010 18:54, schrieb Barry Warsaw:

Third, it would be helpful if application focus switching via Alt-Tab were
application-centric not window-centric.  What I mean by that is that if I have
two Emacs windows open, or two mail windows open, Alt-Tab should cycle among
applications and not individual windows.  Choosing the application would bring
all of its windows forward, with the stacking order remembered from the
previous time the application was focused.  Then Alt-` toggles between the
application windows.

Using ` is a horrible idea in my opionion, because this character is at different locations on the keyboard in different layouts. For example on a German keyboard, it is directly left of backspace, and needs Shift pressed to access it. Furthermore, it is often a "dead key".

Greetings, Philipp