Re: [Ayatana] Why are the MeMenu and the messaging applet two separate things?

I actually wondered about this too, if i remember correctly this question was raised before ( i can't recall the thread, sorry ) and ( as expected by so many smart people around here ;) there has been good reasoning and logical validation for this topic.

But let me add my personal opinion before this gets dismissed as a duplicate of an old thread.

Can we always apply our ( usually more technical ) logic onto the Userbase we want to deliver a beautiful desktop too? Even though WE might think it's logic to have these Indicators separated, is it really what an everyday User ( and that is without calling anybody dumb ) would ENJOY using day to day?

I guess Ubuntu is on the right track with it's overall appearance ( and Unity in the pipeline ) but sometimes I feel it would be healthy to act a little less rational and a bit more esthetically and fun-driven. The way the MeMenu acts is one of those cases.

http://twitter.com/cldx3000