Re: [Ayatana] Sound Menu

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 13:31, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/11/10 20:07, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:21, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think we have a comprehensive horizontal-nav guideline, yet. I do think we have a policy that cases where horizontal behaviour is introduced need to be carefully thought through and documented - I thought for example that the Sound Menu specified the following behaviour for the playback controls: moving down or up to the playback controls should place the visible focus on the play button, where space would pause/play, and left/right would trigger previous/next returning the focus immediately to the play button.

Really? Keyboard controls on hovering on a menu item would seem to have really really low discoverability. I never would have imagined to try such a thing.
No, this is keyboard navigation, nothing to do with mouse hover.

Aren't right/left supposed to switch between menus?

(sorry, CC'ing ayatanna again, this lack of Reply-To on launchpad mailing lists hits me every time)

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-