Re: [Ayatana] Usability Resources

On 19/11/10 02:46, Spike Burch wrote:
> Anyone have book or website recommendations for learning more about usability?

Off the back of my mind, I could recommend you a few books that I have
lying around.

These are three classic ones:

  - The design of everyday things - D. Norman
  - The humane interface - J. Raskin
  - Usability engineering - Nielsen

A pretty good and more modern one on interaction design:

  - Thoughts on interaction design - J. Kolko

This book is short and good for starters, although it is focused on Web
pages:

  - Don't make me think! - Krug

Alan Cooper has a couple of good books on the problems with traditional
SW engineering and the methods that they use at his consultancy:

  - The inmates are running the asylum
  - About face

I love this one about sketching, prototyping and generating ideas:

  - Sketching user experiences - B. Buxton

That should keep you entertained :-)

Felipe