Re: [Ayatana] Evolution indicator

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:28:24 -0300, Martín "A. Casco" wrote:

El mar, 21-12-2010 a las 14:06 +0100, Alket Rexhepi escribió:
Among all applications currently integrated with the indicator-applet (Empathy/Pidgin, Evolution, Gwibber), Evolution is the only one without a close-to-tray functionality. This is inconsistent as it forces the user to leave it open in order to use the indicator-applet properly. Close-to-tray functionality has been implemented for Evolution before, so I guess it's possible:

Totally agree with you... It's very annoying to have Evolution "on the desktop"; a kind of "close to try" or better "close to Messaging Menu" will give more consistence to Natty's desktop... further with apps that works with (in) Messaging Menu...

I agree that it makes sense for a gnome-panel desktop to have consistency in things that "should" hide away in the messaging menu.

But with unity, is it still useful to have apps that hide from the windows list as it's now a launcher that can gracefully handle a lot of data without inducing visual clutter?

--

David