Re: [Ayatana] Seeking feedback on professional video import UX design

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 08:14, Jason Gerard DeRose <jderose@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tara and I made a video showing off some of what dmedia 0.2 can do:

http://vimeo.com/18287329

i saw that before i saw this mail.. the press :D
so happy to see you guys are pulling this off, it's a great step forward.

Glad you liked it, feel we're on the right track!  Thanks for checking it out.

i checked the "Browse DB in Futon" thingy, interesting to see all that.
Is the field "Title" not implemented yet? I see it in the html browser preview, but i don't see it in the db.
Or are you going to use "tags" in the db to store what is called "Title" in the html browser?

A nice thing about CouchDB is it's schema-less, so we don't need to have empty place holder values.  When the user hasn't given a title yet, we just leave off the title attribute entirely (and assume a default of null, or None in Python).

What's missing is a view to allow us to search by title.

Tags are tags as you would expect them to be.  :)

This is all very exciting to observe. Is a gtk-based browser planned?

Yes, that almost landed in 0.2 but got pushed back to 0.3.  We are using WebKit to do most of the UI, but will use all the modern Ayatana stuff like dbusmenu etc.  So it will have nice native GTK integration.

Thanks again!