Re: [Ayatana] Compatibility goals for Natty appmenu

On 31/12/10 11:02, Conscious User wrote:
> I'm curious with respect to the appmenu compatibility goals
> targeted for Natty. So far there are some important apps
> non-compatible with it:
>
> XUL apps
> [Open,Libre]Office
> Swing apps
> SWT apps
> MonoDevelop
>
> I know that XUL is being worked on, but I heard no news
> about the rest. I'm particularly interested in SWT
> compatibility as an Eclipse user.

Each of these will need a bit of work from both folks working on Unity
tech, and the projects / toolkits themselves. In the case of XUL, there
are folks working on it from both Unity and Mozilla. We'll need someone
to step up in each case, so if you know people in those communities,
please get them aware of the issue and see if there's someone interested
in being the counterpart, then put them in touch with Ted Gould or Cody
Russell.

I've filed a bug in LibreOffice, and it's received a little attention
already. I'm sure it will be a popular issue, but getting a developer
interested is the most important bit.

Mark