Re: [Ayatana] We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

Disclaimer: I don't use evolution. Ive tried numerous times and each time I have quickly returned to webmail. I have a simple mail notification program with an option for going to the website and one turning the message menu from green back to white.

I reinstalled evolution-indicator tonight to test this. My first thought is that the Mail options presented are very different than the options for every other program in the message menu (chat, broadcast, and ubuntu one). The others all provide a way to open the program and/or a way to see new messages. Mail (evolution) instead provides options to open the program as well as Compose New Message and Contacts. Then when the program is open it has more options displaying the number of emails for each account. So first off too many message menu entries, mail and the specific accounts is all I would want.

Second It seems crazy that I need to keep empathy open (using 91MiB) and minimized to the launcher no less in order to be notified of new mail. So +1 for closing evolution to the message menu like everything else, at least then its out of sight.