Re: [Ayatana] No one will ever use the upper-left Ubuntu button

That just means cluttering the dash instead of the launcher, which I don't fancy, since at the moment, I really don't like the way the Dash works. It feels too inefficient.

2011/3/15 David <david.reichling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello,

> Let's see what people who try it have to say. Don't worry if there is
> negative feedback, that's what exploring and testing are all about.

i think the feedback was quite good.
for those who didn't see it, the mockups were also on omgubuntu and webupd8

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/these-conceptual-unity-behaviour-mockups-are-pretty-cool/
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/more-unity-2-sided-dock-mockups-ubuntu.html
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/unity-two-sided-dock-mockup.html

There was a comment that made a good point:
#3 looks good at first, but clicking the button just takes you back to
the clutter you were trying to avoid by splitting the icons in the
first place.

what do you think.
What if we remove apps and places icons and put it at the first page of the dash

David Reichling