Re: [Ayatana] Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

> I have a simple proposal to fix these problems: The application
> title should be removed from Unity's menu bar. I'm reliably
> informed that this would be extremely low risk, in that it
> would involve changing two lines of code.

But how would be the design for maximized windows? I'm guessing
the fixed-size title in the menubar is there to occupy the
same space the buttons do when maximized, so the menubar doesn't
"move" when the window is maximized.

Plus, for maximized windows there is also the problem of how
the (potentially long) title and the menubar could share
the panel without the show-on-hover.

On a side note, I'm kinda baffled at how fragmented the design
process seems to be judging by this email... I thought mpt was
aware of this for a long time.