Re: [Ayatana] Sound theme

On 03/15/2011 09:47 AM, Peterson Silva wrote:
For the love of the goddess, please somebody say we'll have a new sound theme this time. Or that someone's working on it.

Having listened to all of the sound theme submissions (and submitted one myself), I'm not sure that any one submission is a perfect sound set, and unfortunately, some are not very professional.  I think OisinLunny's startup sounds are absolutely wonderful, and really carry the affect of "light".  If the job were up to me, and I had to use only sounds that were part of the current submissions, I would do the following:
  • Login screen: oisinlunny@xxxxxxxxx/UbuntuDesktopLoginOisinLunny.wav
  • User logs in: oisinlunny@xxxxxxxxx/UbuntuDesktopReadyShortOisinLunny.wav
  • User logs out: oisinlunny@xxxxxxxxx/UbuntuEmailOisinLunny.wav
  • Start new IM (receive): S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM New Conversation 1.wav
  • Start new IM (send): S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM New Conversation 2.wav
  • Continue IM (receive): S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM Continued Conversation 3.wav
  • Continue IM (send): S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM Continued Conversation 4.wav
  • Incoming E-mail: S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light Desktop Ready 1.wav
  • Error: S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light Error 1.wav
  • Notification: BioBiro/3 New Email.wav
  • Device connected: S. Christian Collins/notification-1.wav
  • Device disconnected: S. Christian Collins/notification-2.wav
I would then make the following modifications:
  • Trim the leading and trailing silence from some of the sounds
  • Transpose the sounds from the S. Christian Collins set into a different key and change to a brighter EQ to better blend with OisinLunny and BioBiro sounds.
  • Make sure the sounds are all at a similar volume.
Give me an hour and I can put this together.

-~Chris