Re: [Ayatana] how could we switch better between windows?

On 15 March 2011 22:34, David <david.reichling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
i am currently trying to figure out a nice method to switch between windows.
At the moment i have this:
http://unity.exemo.net/7/
Click on firefox to see it in action.
I already like this one.
But what could we do when:
 - there is 1 window open (okay probably switching to it)
 - there are only 2 windows open?
 - there are 10 windows open (or even 20)
Do you have any ideas?

For convenience I am giving the sub dash a name - "Display Dash". Well... I think -

- In case of one window, you do not need this Display Dash.
- In case of two windows, just display the names just like current one. In the list there will be only 2 names. Instead of starting the list from the top, you can start it from the center of the left side. (like this http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8283/screenshotm.png)
- In case of 10 windows, just put a scrollbar in the right side to the list, so that all windows can be scrolled.

The design is very good. I think the website address can be removed from the list, only favicon and site page title is better. Also can you please try with a thinner border for the Display Dash. I think the thinner border will make it better.

Another problem could be that an application don't set his title very good.
(just an example) gedit set his title to "some unnamed document 1",
we have 4 new documents open.
when we want to switch we get:
some unnamed doc...
some unnamed doc...
some unnamed doc...
some unnamed doc...
Would it be technically possible to get in that case something like:
some unnamed ... 1
some unnamed ... 2
some unnamed ... 3
some unnamed ... 4

May be possible but why do we need that? You can do one thing though. Several windows from same program can be given a number in front of it. In your case:
(1) some unnamed doc...
(2) some unnamed doc...
(3) some unnamed doc...
(4) some unnamed doc...
But I do not see any need of this thing.

--
M. Adnan Quaium