Re: [Ayatana] Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

Remco wrote:
> The thing I find jarring is that we have this mysterious design
> team that basically discusses things behind our backs here at
> Ayatana. I understand that a small team with face-to-face
> meetings can be beneficial to design, but a problem lies in
> communication and collaboration between the team and Ayatana.

Yeah, the current situation is... weird, to say the least. I've
always heard rumors that the design team worked far from the rest,
but at the same time always felt comforted by the fact that at
least *someone* from the team (Matthew and, before, David Siegel)
was active here. Apparently, that doesn't mean much.

I know that different people in the design team probably work in
different things, and I know that it's not the first time
Ubuntu has a design change not approved by all members of the
team (ex: IIRC, Matthew didn't agree with music icons in the
Sound Menu instead of specific app icons), but to see such a
miscommunication in such a prominent part of Unity is a little
bit... shocking.