Re: [Ayatana] Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

Menu hiding is one of the risky moves we are making. Initial tests on unsuspecting users have shown they find 'em quickly and easily enough. I agree with you, though, that a hint to their existence and anchor (left-of-the-File-menu) would be nice. That can come in a refinement, mockups and patches welcome.

- Mark Shuttleworth, 20 hours ago.

I guess there is no point in discussing this anymore, the man has decided.