Re: [Ayatana] Is the Minimize window-button really needed? Yes, it is! Please let the user choose

On 01.04.2011 15:31, nick rundy wrote:
How do you guys feel about the idea of omitting the Minimize window-button?
Please keep it. I use it very often as I like having only the windows non-minimized I currently use.
Especially for maximized windows, the panel has a lot going on and I'm thinking maybe it would be better to display just the Close and Maximize buttons. After all, the user can simply click the Launcher Icon to "minimize" that window, right?
Wrong, the launcher has no minimize feature. Neither a right click option, nor clicking the launcher the second time minimizes a window.
So the user isn't losing this capability.
Yes, he is.
Plus middle-clicking on the top panel moves the active window out of the way. It seems like the Minimize window-button is redundant and omitting it will help reduce clutter on the top panel when a window is maximized.
Aaargh! I can't hear it any more! Reducing clutter is bad when you lose functionality.
Please keep the minimize button. There is really enough space in the title bar for it.
And there will be even more going on, when the windicators come.