Re: [Ayatana] New style of Minimize button for Natty

This is something that gets said again and again, but…  Unity is essentially an option just like AWN is an option, GNOME Panel is an option, Docky is an option, etc.  Unity doesn't make any of those go away.  If you want to customise the default experience to use a single GNOME Panel, instead of Unity, then do that.

In the meantime, constructive suggestions of how to improve the choice that is Unity (something other than “don't do Unity and just opt for my customisations instead”, preferably) would be real welcome on this list, I think.

If Talika (whatever that is) is breaking on Natty classic, but does not break in default Maverick, then there's a bug somewhere, because classic is just a GNOME session as per previous Ubuntu releases.  File a bug.

Even come Oneiric, when the GNOME 2 interface wont be included on the disc, it aught ought be installable and it ought to work just the way it always did.