Re: [Ayatana] [Unity Launcher] Mouse hover, click, and active visual states

On Seg, 2011-04-11 at 10:43 +0800, Allan Caeg wrote:
Keyboard-focus has a nice selection highlight, which can be used for other purposes like mouse hover. They're very similar anyway. However, keyboard-focus could also use the tooltip that tells the user the name of the app he's currently focusing on. Maybe, both hover and keyboard-focus can use the combination of highlight and tooltip.
I think that it's a good idea. It will provide a better feedback of what is happening (and about the tooltip on keyboard navigation, it will help on accessibility). About the home button, the pressed state is already implemented, but is waiting approval from design team (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/748676).

There are also missing button states like when an app icon is clicked and when doing "Scale" for one app. On OS X, clicking an app icon on the dock will make the icon dark and "Scale" for one app will make all other app icons dark. We don't have to do it the way OS X does it, but there should be visual representations of these states.

I think this is less important than the first point, but it's another thing to consider. Maybe the first problem can be solved to natty, but the scale toggle, for example, can be targeted only for oneiric.