Re: [Ayatana] Alt-Tab and switching

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Jamu Kakar <jkakar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
> This behaviour was bothering me, too.  I found that there's a 200ms
> delay, by default.  You can change it in CompizConfig Settings Manager:

Thanks for the info - it's interesting that 200ms was chosen as the
preferred delay time.

> I have no idea why anyone would want a delay for this operation.  I
> guess it's so that a quick Alt-Tab doesn't show the switcher, but I
> was finding that, more often than not, nothing would happen when I hit
> Alt-Tab very quickly.  Application switching is nice and snappy with
> the delay set to 0.

I'm not bothered by momentarily seeing the switcher on a quick
alt-tab, but I can understand that it would look ugly to some people.
However, changing the delay time to 0.03 seconds allows quick alt-tabs
to go without triggering the switcher applet while still feeling
responsive if I hold down the Tab key and wait for the switcher to
appear.

I think the right thing to do here is lower the default delay time.
I'd consider the current default a bug, so I've filed it here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/759061