Re: [Ayatana] Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:15, GonzO <gonzo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Ed Lin <edlin280@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With all due respect: I do not think your cases are all that common.

It doesn't for me, the only thing I use is clock. The rest is
irrelevant for my me most of the time. Wlan and battery? Not on a
desktop.

Desktops are becoming less and less popular, being replaced by Laptops and Netbooks... in which the battery, LAN, WLAN, BT thing are important and need to be twaddled with regularly.

Certainly wifi is really popular on the desktop these days too.

Email and IM? My browser is all I need.

I think it is more than fair to say that, for some reason, using locally installed mail and IM clients is still what most people do.  (I still use Pidgin, though long ago gave up localized mail).

I'd expect most people use web mail. That said, we still need a good place for *indicating* new web mail (regardless of whether we do it well now, which we don't).

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-