Re: [Ayatana] Unity Mockup v3

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM, ello <tenniswithshovels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With the theme I've got now - Orta -

Looks nice, I might have to try it.

> The
> problem with scrolling down the bar is difficult to solve - perhaps make
> the mouse "stickier" there, so it needs a determined movement by the
> user to free it?  Or have a timeout, where the user's place down the bar
> is kept for a second or so after the mouse moves away?

How about "keep things where I frakkin' put them"?  ;-)

I can't think of a single good reason why my scroll location on the
bar *has to* reset itself once I leave.  I scrolled to *this spot*
because I wanted to be at this spot.  If *any other* object in the UI
did this, people would be going crazy.

> I think all the profiles should be
> available for the user to change between at any time.  Or is that a
> given?

In my mind, it's a given.  I don't think we should ask anything during
install, either.  Pick the "right" one, let user adjust later if
necessary.

--G