[Ayatana] Application Menus in Unity

Hi All

Something happened to me just recently that makes me think it is not a
good thing to remove application menus from view.

Currently, I only see application menus when I hover over the panel (or
hit F10).

Recently, I was trying to enable the printer attached to my desktop PC
and in the Printing dialogue's Properties, for my printer, under
Policies, it told me 'Not published - see server settings'.  I had no
idea what 'server' it referred to and I had to resort to the user's
mailing list for help.

There is, of course, a Server menu in the application menu, but with the
application menu out of view, I had no idea it was there.

So the point I'm making is, that without then application menu visible,
essential functionality may be hidden from the user. Any arrangement
that requires the user to take action to reveal the application menu can
mean that a user, particularly the less experienced user, may lose out
on full enjoyment of the programs functions.

Tony