Re: [Ayatana] Modal Dialog: Background

To clarify, the intended effect here is to fade to the background color of the window (in this case, darken). It's broken in oneiric however because the gtk theme is missing some elements.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Stefanos A. <stapostol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Desaturate + darken is the way forward. The white overlay is ugly (plus it's the same effect as stuck applications on Windows) and the blur effect, while nice, hinders usability.

2011/7/5 Marco Biscaro <marcobiscaro2112@xxxxxxxxx>
> Why don't we go with blur instead?

I think that it's because blur is *slow* in a lot of hardwares. If I
enable static blur effect for dash, it tooks about 3 or 4 seconds to
open.

With a maximized window, I think the delay will be noticeable too.

Anyway, I agree that this white overlay is ugly...