[Ayatana] Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

I upgraded to Oneiric tonight. While there are still very rough edges and lots
of crashes, I really like the way things are going.

I especially like Unity2D. Actually, at present, I prefer using Unity2D. I like
its appearance better than I like Unitys. And I don't know if it's intentional,
but hiding the window buttons for maximized applications were a really
welcome change. Of course, it makes more sense now than it did before,
when the dashbutton was on the panel. I really love that! Can we please
have that in Unity as well? Just like I have no reason to see the menu
until I actually need it, I don't need to see those buttons all the time.
Getting rid of them is a real improvement.

Nautilus, however... Functionally, it's a great improvement, but aesthetically?
I hope something will be done about it. It looks _horrible_!

I think it's a good thing that the lenses aren't displayed on the launcher
too. I think it would be better to have a quicklist on the Ubuntu button.
What's the current idea in that regard?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad