Re: [Ayatana] Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 05:57:20 +0200 Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> Den 27. aug. 2011 05:02, skrev James Jenner:
> >
> > I agree with you in regards to people learning the behaviour of
> > the application, people are not stupid and they will learn how
> > to do certain activities. This is partly the building of the
> > mental model and partly muscle memory.
> >

> I don't understand that. By moving the buttons to the corner, it
> is very easy
> to hit. Hiding the buttons do not in any way impact muscle memory.

I recently moved the buttons from the right to the left to be more
consistent with some part of Unity (that I have since turned off).

Anyway, after a short time, I didn't find it any harder to hit
them.  But I never had a sense that I was using muscle memory for
those.  I always look for them and then hit them.  It's what i
prefer.  I do use a lot of muscle memory for the array of keyboard
shortcuts I use, but not much on the mouse.

If it's not obvious, I much prefer that those three little buttons
be visible all the time.  They take up very little space.

If people feel so strongly about this on both sides, doesn't it
just beg for a configuration setting?

I am already used to going and changing a lot of settings on
Windows away from the default.  I could get used to it on Ubuntu,
too.