Re: [Ayatana] A rather radical Unity design idea with mockups

I prefer the dash and launcher icons at the top. The reason for this is
that at the moment all of the controls I need on a regular basis (dash,
launcher, window controls, window menu) are in the top-left quarter of
my screen. The result is that my cursor is most often in this quarter
and VERY rarely outside of the top half of the screen. This means that
the cursor is always close to the controls, reducing mouse movement. I
appreciate that this may not be such an issue for people with smaller
screens but for medium - large screens this really speeds up working.

On the other hand, I would like to see launcher position and the
position of all icons within the launcher become customisable.