[Ayatana] Proposal: make menus more accessible with shift+F10 for mouse pointer teleport.

I personally love the way menus are hidden when not in use (or indeed usable), but I do understand the argument that in some cases, you must move the pointer for long distances.

One possible solution to this, is the ability to teleport the mouse pointer to the menus and then have it snap back to the window you were working with when you're done with the menus. For instance, you can currently press F10 to focus the menus, which makes them easy to use with the keyboard. This is nice, but it leaves the mouse somewhat out in the cold. My proposal is that if you press and hold shift while pressing F10, then the mouse pointer would be moved to the menus so you could easily navigate with the mouse. When you release shift or activate a menuitem, then the pointer is moved back to where it was before it was teleported. To signal that the pointer is in an "altered state of reality", it would get a different color and/or shape.

Also, I think F10 is rather hostile for right-handed users. I think it would be nice if you could define that you're right handed or left handed, and have these things react to that. For instance, F10 would be used for left-handed people and F2 would be used if you're right handed. This is a large topic by itself, so I'll stop there.

What do you think? I haven't actually tested this in reality, but I think it might be nice.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad