Re: [Ayatana] shortcut - open/focus last program that send a notification

On 1 November 2011 08:41, Thibaut Brandscheid <randaltor@xxxxxx> wrote:
I just thought it would be uber-cool to have a shortcut to open/focus last application that send an notification to the user (if useful). This would increase use of indicators for power users without disturbing normal users. Right now there is no (as fare as I know) shortcut to interact with Indicators, Indicators = mouse only. Would nice if this would change for Precise.

Personally I would rather that notifications can be clicked on to either open the associated program for the notification or focus the running program for the notification. I'm not sure how much of this is an application issue and a notification framework issue though.

I only say this because often I will see a notification from an application that is on a different workspace and the effort to open said application would be simplified if I could just click the notification (which currently just makes the notification go fuzzy, not sure on the logic for this). Again, maybe it's just the notifications I'm dealing with and maybe other notifications support this.

Cheers,

James.