Re: [Ayatana] Should we move closer to gnome again?

Am 12.11.2011 15:03, schrieb nick rundy:
I don't understand these new gnome apps. Are they to replace existing apps from third parties?

Music Player = I love Exaile. Haven't found anything better and I've tried every music player I can find.

Video Player = Totem is useless software IMHO. I have nothing but problems with it. So I use VLC.

I don't use chat or empathy.

Is the gnome apps then to replace my use of VLC & Exaile?

You aren't forced to use them, but it looks better for new user if they have these nice things and don't think omg "this is a really bad and ugly music player"

I think that we need something like that for a LTS --> we have to rethink the complete development cycle of ubuntu in my opinion why not bring an LTS in June upon the more staple base of the April release