[Ayatana] Yet another launcher complaint (?)

Hi

I've started using Unity only last month (Oneiric), after having resisted updates for several years.

I like many things in the concept (I'm a full-screen user by nature; the more full the screen is, the better--plus, I've long advocated that the distinction between running applications and non-running ones should be a thing of the past).

However, I do face one annoyance, and cannot find (so far) any discussion of it: it's too easy to open the launcher while aiming for other controls. For example, the "Send" button on Thunderbird (as I am writing this letter) is at the top-left corner of the window--moving my mouse there is almost certain to open the launcher unless I am very precise. Even worse is the "Back" button in Chrome (since this button is smaller).

Is it perhaps possible to detect when some control area is very near the screen border, and when it is--reduce the launcher's sensitivity in this area (i.e. cause it to wait a few more tenths of a second before popping up)? Or some other idea?

Thanks,

-az