Re: [Ayatana] unity at the bottom

Let's sum the things up:

It may break the current idea of unity, but not for every device we need this horizontal space.
We give the user the choice.
the plugin shows that unity is far more customizable than many think. In my opinion it also shows that Mint could use unity as well... but used GS to profit from all the unity haters and in the mean time I've customized Unity (although the whole internet says that this is impossible). --> this may be unproductive, but I dislike GS and love unity since my launcher is at the bottom ;) and all the great lenses of course

And as the design team stated some time ago: We want a customizable UI but we lack of manpower.

Yeah and if someone feels lucky he can also make it for the right side and fix the known issues