Re: [Ayatana] new proposal for notifications / indicators

agree with you that they all should be visible, but be able to hide the ones you want or dont use frequently.

someone created something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/dhHNJ.png (thats not gnome-shell, is jjpanel)

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOp_NGPdkVo

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/oxygen-appmenu-replace-menu-with.html#comment-371674713

the collapsible applet area could be made in the unity panel.