opencog-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Tulip visualization of NM Atoms

Hi all,

I've found something very cool for AtomSpace visualisation

http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~wyos/skyrails/

Youtube example here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2d312_dXEs

Some plusses:
* It can run as a server, accepting live graph updates pushed to it.
* It has an in built console for modifying visualisation and for
finding nodes/links.

Might be impressive for demos - even if it's got nothing to do with
intelligence ;)

Cheers,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Linas Vepstas <linasvepstas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Two more files, these are what I should have sent. This
> time, there are word pairs that are closely linked *and*
> frequently occuring (the previous datasets had word
> pairs that were closely linked, but almost all were very rare.
>
> Start with the file "1e-4.tlp.gz", which has about 1K nodes,
> and try
>
>> Algorithm->Layout->Force Directed -> GEM(Fricke)
>
> and you'll see the relatedness working well.
>
> The 1e-5.tlp.gz file has 10K nodes. It does load. However,
> after picking the GEM visualization technique, its taken
> my computer severl hours, and its only 7% finished processing
> the graph.
>
> --linas

Follow ups