pyroom-team team mailing list archive

Locales situation (re: lp: #252021)

At the moment, pyroom ships with a few locales and translation, some of
which are incomplete. What we ship within our source tree differs from
what we offer on launchpad for translation. In addition, our pyroom.pot
translation template seems to be totally out of date.

All in alll, our locales situation looks pretty bad, maybe we'll even
have to start over.

I propose we *remove* any locales/translations (but remain using gettext
in our source) for now and focus on feature stability, until we can
declare some kind of strings freeze. Then, we will redo that locales
thingy.

This is somehow important before getting out a 0.3 release, that would
go into distro packages.

--
Florian