spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

SpreadUbuntu theme update

I have been working on a new version of the SpreadUbuntu theme that more
closely fits with the new Ubuntu website theme.

You can preview it on this TEST server here.
Please do not start using it to upload materials.
http://remonster.homelinux.org:81

A few things have changed:
 * Sidebars are used less often or more effectively.
 * The old "Navigation" block, has been simplified and used at the top.
 * Removed "site buttons" from the homepage. This media type was rarely
used.
 * Removed search block. Again, it was not used much.

Currently, the campaign block is not enabled. I do not know if it should
be enabled unless it is run by an influential community member, who
specializes in marketing. Preferably, a Canonical employee.
The campaign participation feature was not used much either.

I would like to see the site be used to organize specialized campaigns,
but currently, I think we should just act as a material repository to
help the "Do it yourself" members.

There are a few things we still need:
 * A logo to replace the one in the top right. I would like it to retain
the "Community Website"
 * Feedback from users to see how we can make SpreadUbuntu more useful.

These changes have not been put into a branch yet. Unfortunately, I
don't know how useful it is. Many of the blocks and features of
spreadubuntu are in the database, which is not an easy thing for me to
manage.

If you would like to help, look at the test site and make some
suggestions here. We also need a logo that fits the new Ubuntu logo designs.

If you would like to help even more, let me know what you would like to
do. We could always use web developers, translations, materials, and a
more thorough "how to" section.

I would also like to hear ideas for how to enhance the front page layout
and content.