spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Share Page

Thank you very much, Thorsten, for the awesome mockup.
I've already implemented it with a few modifications and additions.

Your designs and ideas are really exciting.

I think the licensing will stay the way it is. Radio buttons let me
include links and images. The only other CC license I think could work
is just "SA", and I don't know enough about other licenses to be willing
to support those so prominently.

I agree with you about a feature to post derivative works - this could
create some really cool hierarchies and groupings, but at the same time,
I also want to keep it simple.
Also, the user could be resubmitting it from another place that offers
an open license, like taking it from the Ubuntu wiki.

I'm thinking about how to simplify the homepage like you suggested.
60% of people click a media type directly from the homepage, so that is
clearly a good interface feature and placement. However, a large number
of people click a top material. Approximately 20%. More importantly, I
think it illustrates what the site's purpose is.
At the same time, the number of icons does make the interface look
cluttered.
Perhaps I could change it to just a single row.

I think you're right about the download counter, but I don't want to
just get rid of it, and I can't think of a place to put it - especially
with the coming addition of graphs.

I think I'll remove "About", and replace it with a translatable 2
sentence summary, like on Ubuntu.com, but followed by a "more" link.

I fully intend to switch the header to the designs in your mockups once
you have a finalized version.