spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [Ubuntu-advertising] Flyer for advertising ..

Hi Barry,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Barry Drake <b.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 08:46 +0100, Rubén Romero y Cordero wrote:
>> Flyers, posters and other general purpose marketing material can be
>> found at the SpreadUbuntu site: http://www.spreadubuntu.com
>
> My personal criticism of these is that they emphasize the 'free' aspect.
> I have found this to be a negative marketing aspect.  'If it's free it
> can't be very good'.  'You get what you pay for'.

The flyers there are nothing more than a compilation of the material
uploaded by members of our community worldwide.

If you see something you like there, but not the text, then you can
keep the elements you like and change the text or other elements and
then upload the material up to the site so we can have both version.
To keep this principle we have chosen the CC-BY-SA license and you can
add, additionally, your own license if you so wish.

> The flyers and other material that Ubuntu Advertising has produced so
> far emphasise freedom, simplicity, ease of use, speed and technical
> excellence.  Also greatly reduced susceptibility to virus attack. I
> don't think we should move away from these general principles.

I am pretty sure you could enrich and influence SpreadUbuntu by
uploading there the material that Ubuntu Advertising makes.

SpreadUbuntu is not a project which aims to compete with Ubuntu
Advertising, it is rather a complementary one that is there not only
for you and all other teams worldwide as it acts as a Do-It-Yourself
marketing repository that can be used by members of *any* team to do
local marketing, be it street, guerrilla, on events or otherwise.

The idea is to have a place where people can go and grab marketing
material and change it to suit their needs.

I truly believe that our projects can gain a lot of synergies by
working together on Spreading Ubuntu to the masses. I hope to be able
to assist to the meeting on Saturday.

> Regards,                Barry.
> --
> What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
> ...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!

Regards,
--
Rubén Romero