Re: how to unmount / format SD card

El día Monday, April 04, 2016 a las 08:41:52AM +0200, Vic G escribió:

> Hi Matthias!
>
> FAT32 is the officialy supported format for SD-cards, even if in some
> places were written that ext3 was compatible (sorry, specs error I
> think, because the QA tests failed).
>
> I always try to format SD-card with the device to see if it works and
> sometimes I end up formatting the SD-card with gparted. For example,
> with SD-card in ext3 krillin(rc300)and vegeta(stable) were not able to
> format the SD-card through the GUI so please fill a bug =)
>
> If you want support for another file system or anything related with
> this, I think that filling a bug against the general project would be
> fine, then our Canonical mates will address it for sure:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+filebug

I have filed an issue here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1565633

Vic, what will/should happen, if I destroy the partition table in
another laptop (for example overwriting the first Mbyte with zeros)
and insert the SD?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045